Journalism Club Brief

We meet in B107 on Tuesdays at 3:30.
A poster hangs in front of Mr. McDonalds room at B107, advertising the student newspaper. The Journalism Club meets at 3:30 on Tuesdays, and this is when the newspapers editorial board makes decisions and policies.
A poster hangs in front of Mr. McDonalds room at B107, advertising the student newspaper. The Journalism Club meets at 3:30 on Tuesdays, and this is when the newspaper’s editorial board makes decisions and policies.
Brennan Duman

The Elevator is a student run newspaper that focuses on bringing you the news for events happening around school and Oregon City. Right now, we are looking to expand the horizons of The Elevator and keep new and fresh stories rolling out to the public. We are still a small group looking to recruit more people who would love to work with the school paper. Meetings are after school every Tuesday from 3:30 to 4:30 pm, to meet, talk, and write about the news around town. 

The Elevator is currently run by Bliss Baxter (Editor-in-Chief), Brennan Duman (Technical Editor), Emerie Jennings (Managing Editor), Farrin Reisfar (Lead Photographer), Kody LaCrosse (Staff Photographer), and Tyler Phillips (Staff Writer) and advised by Mr. McDonald. In the past, The Elevator was a much larger newspaper, and we were able to produce larger articles in a short amount of time. Although we are not quite at that level yet, we are working to rebuild our club so we can stay on top of the news when it is relevant. We are making strides to get to the size this school tradition once was. The paper has been around for more than 40 years and has made many editions in paper form. We do wish to have a paper copy of The Elevator by the end of the year, but so far we have remained digital. This year, with the aid of Student Council, we got a new website so that we can update the public efficiently. There are no plans on stopping now or anytime in the foreseeable future, and we are continuing to work on getting our social media pages up and running. 

We would love to have new members and are currently accepting all people. If you are interested in doing photography, creating ideas, or improving your writing skills, then please feel free to join us on Tuesdays in B107, or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.