OCHS Fall Sports Slowly Comes to An End

With fall sports coming to a close, there’s a lot to talk about through the community this year, and at Oregon City High School, a lot to celebrate.
Pioneer Pete
Pioneer Pete
OCSD 62
(This story was originally published in The Elevator in October, 2023.)

The students of OC are starting the year off with a kick- and thanks to our student athletes, we now have a lot more to celebrate. This season, Oregon City High School has shown itself in full, red and white pride.

This year, our varsity football team has seen one of their best seasons, with a collection of wins against Tigard, Beaverton, Century, and more. They have one more game against rivaling school, West Linn, on October 27th. 

Our volleyball team has also set itself into the spotlight, holding over 15 wins, few losses, and an OSAA ranking of #3. And it seems that as the year goes on they just keep getting better. Their first playoff match happens on October 25th, a home game against Grants Pass at 6 pm. 

OC’s soccer, boys and girls, have also been on a winning spree, claiming 12 wins overall and 3 ties. Boys soccer currently has an OSAA ranking of 34 and girls is at 18. Girls soccer’s first playoff is happening on the 28th against South Medford.

All across the board, fall sports at OC have shown the talented athletes we have in our community, and dedication from both staff and students. They’ve definitely made this year more interesting, with new traditions, new experiences, and even more school spirit. Even our student body, which has always been loud, managed to place #1 statewide for best student section. This year is one to celebrate, and one that will be talked about for awhile.